New Year!

A new year is underway here at Preschool on the Farm. On the first day of school, I like to start our morning with Magic Dough! I make it myself and put one ball of colored dough inside a different color. I tell the kids that if their Magic Dough changes color, it means they'll have a great day! I found this idea many years ago on Pinterest and I've used it every year since.

This little guy kept squishing until his red and blue had turned completely purple! What a great fine motor work out! 


The kids made these adorable dough mats at our Back to School event with their parents. We read 'The Kissing Hand' and the families traced hands and decorated with stickers and markers. It's been the perfect size for a play dough mat! 

We store our play dough in zip top plastic bags labed with each child's name. When they want to play, it's easy to find their bag and mat. 


We spent our first week learning all about our new friends, and practicing with our new school supplies (glue, paint, watercolors, etc.).


Stay tuned for some preschool masterpieces! We are off to a great year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment