Birds

As we continue our Springtime unit here at The Farm, we've been talking a lot about birds. Eggs, nests, types... you name it! I ordered this book last year from Scholastic, but hadn't used it with this class yet.




I love the bright and colorful illustrations, and when I saw THIS POST by Deborah at Teach Preschool, I knew my kiddos would love this art project!

On one page of the book, we imagine what the sky might look like if every bird left a streak of color as it flew by.

Photo from Deborah at Teach Preschool
Deborah used color cubes to guide her kiddos art project, but I chose to leave it more open-ended for our class. Some of the kids were really talking about types of birds and what bird might leave a red stripe or a brown stripe (macaws and owls, of course!) and I was loving the bird-y conversations!

Some birds fly in straight lines...

He told me his birds were fighting in the air!

Swirly twirly flights, too!


I love the Teach Preschool blog! Deborah always has such great ideas :) I think next year, I'll just go all out and use fingerpaints, though! How fun would that be?!


No comments:

Post a Comment